Portable appliance testing (PAT)
Horkan Electrical provides a reliable portable appliance testing (“PAT testing”) service using testers who are fully qualified using up to date PAT equipment (which is calibrated annually). All PAT testing is carried out to the IEE code of practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment standards, and fully documented and recorded test results are supplied.
We offer our PAT testing services to all types of businesses and our aim is to promote safe working environments all over Nottingham, Derby and Leicester and also surrounding areas. (Can cover Nationally on Request)
Your property or business insurance might be invalidated in the event of any claim without a valid PAT test.
Reasons for PAT testing
- Minimise risk of death or injury to yourself, your employees and visitors to your premises
- Risk of fire through faulty electrical appliances
- Legal requirements – Health and Safety regulations
- Insurance requirements
Many insurance companies require PAT testing. Your insurance policy may be invalidated if you have not complied with PAT requirements so any claims made on the policy could be refused.
What is PAT testing and why do we need it?
PAT testing is a specialised process of testing all portable, electrical appliances to ensure they are safe. Typically it is a routine procedure for people who work with electrical appliances, or have them in a working environment.
Pat testing or portable appliance testing is an important part of any health and safety policy. The Health & Safety Executive states that around 1,000 electrical accidents are reported each year and about 25 people die of their injuries.
Portable Appliance Testing regulations
The Electricity at Work Regulations place a legal responsibility on employers, employees and self-employed persons to comply with the provisions of the regulations and take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that no danger results from the use of such equipment.
The Electricity at Work Regulations state that all electrical equipment used in the working environment should be in a safe condition. The Health & Safety Executive recommend that you comply with the regulations an inspection and testing schedule must be implemented at all work places. The frequency of this schedule will depend on the type of equipment and on the environment which it is being used.
Why choose Horkan Electrical ?
- We cover Nottingham, Derby and Leicester and also surrounding areas. (Can cover Nationally on Request)
- New company in the field with Passionate people to delivery a professional and friendly service
- Trustworthy company with fully employed staff
- Qualified, experienced and competent engineers
- We provide you with a full report and certificate on site
- Free pass or fail labels for appliances
- Timely reminder when your appliances need retesting
- Formal, visual inspection with a written report
- Competitive rates
- Free no obligation quotes
- No hidden charges
- Full liability insurance